Sat Oct 25 @ 8:00AM - 12:00AM
Kartoberfest & BBQ + Charity Race
Sun Oct 26 @ 8:00AM - 12:00AM
Kartoberfest & BBQ + Charity Race
Sat Nov 08 @ 4:00PM -
November 8th - Race #21

Event News

General Schedule for the year will be the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month - 4pm Registration/Pre-Tech, 5pm for Drivers' Meeting and Qualification, 6pm for the Races

Track will close at 4pm, racers are then allowed to re-enter once they have passed tech and registered.  Controlled Practice starts at 3pm.  Save time...avoid the line...get more track time! - pre-register here and pay at the track, or pay online here.

Kartoberfest and BBQ schedule now posted - click here for more info.  Kicks off with an TNT on Friday October 24th!  We welcome all the NTK and HOT racers that have RSVP'd so far for the event, our goal is to keep this fun, affordable and lots of great food!  Includes karting related auction, and a Chonda powered kart for sale!  For the auction, bring any karting related items that you no longer need to donate them.  Cakes and other food items also help raise money in our auctions.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is dedicated to providing members with information on upcoming race events and any special events that may be planned.

TOPIC: Texas Chonda Short Sprint Cup -April 21st and 22nd

Texas Chonda Short Sprint Cup -April 21st and 22nd 2 years 9 months ago #663

• admin

Attachment CupLogo.jpg not found

April 21st and 22nd at Hill Country Kart Club

Prices: $50.00 for senior classes with $5.00 per entry going into an awards payout
Junior classes are $35.00
Two-day pit passes will be $5.00
Please pre-register if you are able.

April 21st - gates open at 9:00am, Registration and pre-tech at 10:00am, 11:00am controlled practice starts, 3:30pm Time Trials, 5:00pm BBQ
April 22nd - morning warmup after pre-tech at 9:00am, Drivers' Meeting at 10:30am followed by heat races at 11:00am

Day one: Pre-tech, controlled practice, qualifying, followed by a BBQ picnic
Day two: Morning warm-up, Heats 1 (12-laps), Heats 2 (12-laps), Final (20-laps)

Fuel: All classes unless noted - 87 Octane from the Shell station on IH35 and Ruekle Rd.

*Important Updates* If you miss qualifying on Saturday you may still race on Sunday, you will start scratch for Heat 1.

If you are coming from a club that has updated to the latest 2012 AKRA ruleset, and you have a sealed engine based on those rules you may still race in the open class.

Classes:

Cadet Chonda - based on GCKI:
Cadet Ages 7 through 12.
The 200 weight class must have a .500 intake restrictor. (PURPLE ARC restrictor)
The 265 weight class must have a .550 intake restrictor. (BLUE ARC restrictor)
Cadet Tires are spec MOJO, 4.5 front and rear. Tires must be scrubbed
For more specifics on this class only please see page 8 - www.racekarts.com/Classes.html

Junior Chonda
Ages: 12 to 15 (IKF 104.6.1 Competition Age: IKF competition age is the highest age of the driver during the calendar year (January 1 through December 31)

Weight/Restrictor: Minimum weight of 290 lbs.
290 to 329 lbs. must have a .500 intake restrictor (Purple ARC restrictor)
330 lbs. and up must have a .550 intake restrictor (Blue ARC restrictor)

Starting ratios: 13 driver, 57 through 60 sprocket

Open tires, rear width must be 7.10
For more specifics on this class please see - www.hillcountrykartclub.com/rules/hckc-chonda-rules

Chonda
Ages: 16 and older (IKF 104.6.1 Competition Age: IKF competition age is the highest age of the driver during the calendar year (January 1 through December 31)

Weight/Restrictor: 320 to 359 lbs. must have a .500 intake restrictor. (Purple ARC restrictor) 360 to 404 lbs. must have a .550 intake restrictor. (Blue ARC restrictor) 405 lbs. and up are not required to have an intake restrictor.

Starting ratios: 13 driver, 57 through 60 sprocket

Open tires, rear width must be 7.10
For more specifics on this class please see - www.hillcountrykartclub.com/rules/hckc-chonda-rules

Open Chonda/Honda
Ages: 16 and older (IKF 104.6.1 Competition Age: IKF competition age is the highest age of the driver during the calendar year (January 1 through December 31)

Fuel is open, must follow current IKF fuel rules.

Open tires

BBQ will be $5.00 per plate, snack shack will be serving breakfast and lunch!

Texas Karts will be on-site both days with parts.

Event Sponsors: Margay Racing, Dover Power, and Texas Karts

---

Raffle Items on second day of the event during intermission:
  • Grand Prize - Margay Brava 4.2c Kart with clone engine package (based on our current rules). $3,330 retail value
  • Second Prize - Stock in a box new Yellow Clone engine
  • Third Prize - Nascar DVD

Tickets are $10.00 each or 15-tickets for $100.00 - you can buy them online from the store.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by admin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Texas Chonda Short Sprint Cup -April 21st and 22nd 2 years 8 months ago #746

• Kwik Karter
Are these ALL of the rules? Is there any more to be posted?

Also, who killed JR?
And who killed Omomoto?

Re: Texas Chonda Short Sprint Cup -April 21st and 22nd 2 years 8 months ago #748

• Mike V.
It was the mistress Kwik Karter... it is always the mistress who done it!

As for for the rules... what you see and the links attached is what you get. I will say the stock Chonda rules will probably update to the 2012 rule set after the March General Club Meeting.

I think I will run two classes that day... more to come on my end. Hope you are doing well!

Mike

Re: Texas Chonda Short Sprint Cup -April 21st and 22nd 2 years 7 months ago #805

• Ron Siller
I'm throwing my name into the Open Chonda/Honda hat.

RE: Texas Chonda Short Sprint Cup -April 21st and 22nd 2 years 7 months ago #810

• Jwmueller
I guess I will be there as well, will run both classes but staying spec for the open class, I just like track time!
Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Re: Texas Chonda Short Sprint Cup -April 21st and 22nd 2 years 6 months ago #936

• admin
Updates to the original post, rules were updated to the correct pages.

Open Chonda/Honda will be any GX-160 to GX-200 style engine, cams are open, timing is open, clutches are open, etc. We do strongly caution anyone who is running an upgraded engine to also run an upgraded flywheel, stock flywheels may only be used on a stock engine (for example you are running in the spec Chonda race and also race in this race).
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds